Me: Have you ever been in a situation where someone is
texting and driving?
Love: Yes, I have. My aunt was very into her brand new
Iphone and she was sending someone a text about something she thought was
important, but it wasn’t as important as our lives.
Me: Did you get into an accident? Or did you prevent the
accident?
Love: I helped
prevent the accident, being that I was in the passenger seat and I ummm I
shouted “STOP! WE ARE GOING TO CRASH!” and she dropped her phone and focused on
the road, we nearly missed a fire hydrant.
Me: Did you know
that there was a pledge that you could take to not text and drive?
Love: Yes I did
know that and every time I’m in the car with someone I always make sure that
they took it before they drove me anywhere.
Me: Have you ever
made someone stop the car so that you could take their phone away because they
were texting and driving.
Love: I have a
couple of times, I’m always doing those types of things because I don’t want to
put my life in harm and I want others to be safe.
Throughout her
life Love has been helping not only herself, but others to be safe on the road.
Every time Love gets into a car she makes sure that the person who is driving
has took the pledge to not text and drive. I think that Love is a very smart
and intelligent girl and I am fascinated with how she helps others. She cares a
lot about others lives. What Love does is a very smart thing. If Love gets into
a car with a cab she makes sure that person doesn’t have a phone on them. If
they do have a phone on them she tells them “Excuse me sir, may you please put
that away, that can harm us,” it seems so brave to me that someone who is just
13 years old can be that smart about the rules of the road. Many people have
told her that they were proud of her work and that they will do what she does
so that it can grow and grow until people stop using their phones on the road
and that they can all be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment