I read an article
“Parents of Teen who died texting and driving: ‘Kids think they’re invincible’”
by Michael Inbar was about a teen girl who was driving and she was on Facebook,
messaging her friend about a football team, as a tanker truck hit her and she
was killed. This article is mostly about how her parents want their to be a
change in the way teens drive and that they should have a law passed in Idaho
so that no one is allowed to drive and text at the same time. Also in this
article they ask questions to others about if they still text and drive.
In the article
there is also a video. In the video it talks about how the teenage girl Taylor
has family and friends that miss her so much. Family and friends crying just
for one mistake that Taylor made that night. “I kinda felt like it was my
fault,” says the other teenager that Taylor was talking to that night. I feel
that it wasn’t his fault because he didn’t know that Taylor was driving until
she sent the last message that said “I cant discuss this matter now. Driving
and Facebooking is not save! Haha,” When she wrote this he probably left it
alone and didn’t write back, but he didn’t know that, that was going to happen,
so I honestly don’t think it’s his fault. He didn’t know and he shouldn’t have
guilt in his head forever.
Her parents were a
big part of the video because after that accident happened they went to the
state capital to try to make a law that people shouldn’t text and drive. “What
if that one person was your daughter?” asked the mother of Taylor. I thought
that when she said that she had a very good point because if the state capital
didn’t want to pass the law because it was just one person they didn’t know
that wouldn’t be fair, it would be so wrong that they didn’t help. If it was their
daughter then I know they definitely would pass that law. I think that Taylor
shouldn’t have been texting that night. She would have been alive if it wasn’t
for her making that mistake. I hope that other teens learn that many bad things
could happen just by texting and driving.
No comments:
Post a Comment