Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Remembering Rosa Parks

Rosa parks changed history in just one day while walking into a bus. She was born in Alabama on Febuary 4, 1913. As a child Rosa Parks had a very hard time. Her grandmother was dying and so sadly Rosa Pakrks had to leave school to help her grandmother. Short after her mother got very I'll and she has to work hard to care for her ill family members. Rosa Parks worked as a Secretary on an army base and she also had another job as a seamstress at a department store. Rosa Parks married Raymond Parks. Rosa parks was a very brave woman.

On a regular work day, Rosa Parks was getting on the bus. She sat on a seat where a white person would usually sit. Rosa Parks was there enjoying herself when a white man got on the bus and wanted to sit in her seat. Rosa Parks refused to get up because she was tired of all the discrimination. She thought it was unfair, the bus driver told her to get off plenty of times, but she didn't do it. So he called the cops. Rosa Parks just stayed on the chair. What I thought about this story was that she is a strong and brave woman. It is incredible on how she was so brave to stay there. In my opinion I don't think I would be as brave as her. I think I would be afraid and say okay and leave the seat. Her bravery and the way she said no showed that she didn't care what others thought. She was going to sit and that was all.

Rosa Parks is a very determined women when it came to discrimination. Rosa Parks was a member of  the NAACP. She was a member of the NAACP because she believed in her own rights and others rights. What Rosa Parks did actually changed history. She wanted to be heard and she wanted equality which made her a unique and strong person.

At the end of the day I know how Rosa Parks felt about herself. I know she felt good and happy on her decision of not getting up from the seat. I think that if she gave up the seat that their wouldn't be a change. She caused everyone to be equalized even if she was arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment